The proceedings of LTD-15 will be published as a Special Issue of the Journal of Low Temperature Physics and available online and as a hard copy by request.
Click here to purchase a hard copy of the proceedings. You must make your purchase by July 26 when the online payment system will be turned off.
The deadline for submission is July 15, 2013.
- The manuscripts should be submitted as LaTeX (RevTeX) or as Microsoft Word files.
- Papers should not exceed 6 pages for contributed oral and poster presentations or 11 pages for invited presentations. Front matter and references are included in these page limits.
- Please use the following documents as a template in preparing your manuscripts. Also, please note that all LaTeX images must be in postscript format.
- If you have questions, please check the Instructions for Authors (found here along the right side of the page, under "for authors and editors") at the Journal of Low Temperature Physics website. If you still have questions, email us at LTDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Regarding images: The templates above include examples of figures that will satisfy the standards of the Journal. Figures in color will be published at JLTP online at no charge. Authors should end the caption of each colored figure with (color figure online). However, by default figures will be printed as grayscale for the JLTP hard copy issue. Upon request, figures can also be printed in color in the hard copy, at extra costs to the authors.
Note that the procedure for manuscript submission has changed, and you are no longer required to submit duplicate manuscripts through this website. All editorial review will take place using the JLTP site.
Please review the instructions below even if you have published in JLTP before. LTD specific instructions appear in bold.
1. All manuscripts must be submitted using the JLTP editorial manager website at http://jltp.edmgr.com/
2. Choose "login" from the menu at the top of that page.
3. If you have an existing account (if you've ever published or reviewed for JLTP), please log in with your existing username and password. If you've forgotten your password, choose "send user-name / password" and a password reset will be mailed to you. If you have never before had an JLTP account, select "register now" and create an account.
4. After you've logged into the JLTP site, select the "submit a new manuscript" link. If you have also been asked to review a manuscript, you may have to select "Role: Author" or "Role: Reviewer" at the top right to view the applicable menus.
5. Under "Choose article type" you MUST select "S. I.: LTD15"
6. Under "Select classifications:" choose at least one appropriate category
7. In the "Enter Comments" section, please include the following sentence:
"Article belongs to Special issue LTD-15 - Section N" where N is the appropriate category from the list below:
I - Physics of Low Temperature Devices
II - Tunnel Junction, Nanowire, and Novel Devices
III - Transition Edge Sensors and Bolometers
IV - Multiplexing, Readout, and Signal Processing
V - Amplifiers and SQUIDs
VI - Kinetic Inductance Detectors and Resonators
VII - High-energy Photon Detection
VIII - Magnetic Calorimeters
IX - Antennas and mm-Wave Circuits
X - CMB Instruments
XI - Instruments for mm/submm Astronomy
XII - Dark Matter, Neutrinos and Rare Event Search
XIII - Particle and Nuclear Physics Applications
XIV - Tests of Fundamental Physics / Refrigeration and Cryogenics
8. In the "Suggest reviewers" category:
Please provide the names and email addresses of FOUR people who you feel are qualified to review this paper.
Please do not include co-authors or members of your research group.
Selecting other LTD attendees from related sessions is encouraged.
9. Upload your manuscript.
You must upload the manuscript source file (TeX, or Word), not a PDF, and all attachments. Once all files are uploaded, choose the "build PDF for my approval" and the website will compile your document.
10. After a few minutes, you will be able to preview the completed document. A link will be emailed to you, and your submission will appear under the "submissions waiting for approval" category in the authors homepage. Use the "action links-> view submission" page to check that the document has been correctly compiled.
11. When you are ready to submit your document, choose the "action links-> approve submission" to send your document to the editors for review.