Welcome Reception - Monday, June 24 from 5:30 -7:30 pm
After the first day of the conference, there will be a welcome reception and poster session in the lobby outside the conference area at the Pasadena Convention Center. Exhibits will be open for viewing. Hors d'oeuvres and drinks will be served.
Afternoon Excursions - Wednesday June 26
We are offering two optional field trips in the Los Angeles area on Wednesday afternoon as a mid-week break in the conference schedule. These trips are not included in the conference registration fee but tickets for these trips can be purchased on the registration page. Note: there will not be enough time for you to attend both of these trips, so if you plan to go, please choose only one.
Explore the Getty's world class art collection against a backdrop of dramatic architecture and tranquil gardens.
- $20 cost includes coach bus transportation
- you can add a box lunch for the bus ride for $14 or you can plan to eat lunch at one of the many restaurants at the Getty Center
- depart Pasadena Convention Center at 12:45 pm
- return to Pasadena Convention Center at 6:30 pm
This trip will take place later in the day to give you the opportunity to watch the sunset over the city of Los Angeles and to view the nighty sky through the historic Zeiss telescope. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy the science exhibits and the planetarium show in this historic building.
- $25 cost pp includes coach bus transportation, planetarium show
- you can add a boxed meal for the bus ride for $14 or you can plan to eat dinner at the Cafe at the End of the Universe at the Griffith
- depart Pasadena Convention Center at 4 pm
- return to Pasadena Convention Center at 10:00 pm
Conference Banquet - Thursday, June 27, 6:30 pm
The conference banquet will be held at the Athenaeum on the Caltech campus. Cost for the banquet is included in your registration fee. Note that we will not issue refunds for unused banquet tickets.
We will be providing bus service from the Pasadena Convention Center to the Athenaeum for the banquet and then returning to the Pasadena Convention Center after the banquet.